Shirleen first 20 photos with Photovogue

I have been actively submitting photos to Vogue since last year, thanks to my friend Hean Kuan who inspired me. He showed me the beauty of street photography, even with a handy phone you will be able to snap some good photos as well. Ya, I started off my photography hobby by using my Samsung S3. Do not get me wrong, I do not call myself as photographer yet, just a girl who love taking street shoot. I treasure the moment in life.

In early stage, my black and white photos are captured with my phone. I faced a lot of rejection from Vogue as they have strict criteria on accepting photo. After some time, there are some photos gradually being accepted:

Penang photo accepted in vogue
Running cross the street before the pedestrian's traffic light turns red.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Unesco building in Penang
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
The moment customer paying for the fried fritters he ordered.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
The frame of an old man walking.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Traffic congestion in Penang
Shirleen photo accepted in Vogue
Oldtown and car
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Vintage grocery stall
After I get myself Sony mirrorless camera, I started to take better quality colour street photo.

Penang photo accepted in Vogue
The life of hawker stall at night. (One of the hawker stall with GST machine in Penang)
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Cycling at the balcony?
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Do re mi, sliding down from the slide.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Unesco building in Penang
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Frame of buildings
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Mom and kid, life as a hawker.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Lonely dog at the orchard.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Dogs and orchard.
Penang photo accepted in Vogue
Dog and orchard. She looks worried.
Taiwan photo accepted in vogue
Moment when people getting down the staircase in railway station.

Taiwan photo accepted in vogue
Waiting for green light to cross the street.

Taiwan photo accepted in vogue
Will they say hi?
Taiwan photo accepted in vogue
Life in the small space.
Check out my vogue journey from my profile here.

Sign up and try it your self at Vogue. It has so much fun. A small tip from me, submit story telling photo which then triggering people to think how? what will happen next?

~Happy vogueing~

You Might Also Like

0 comments