Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang together with Golden Sands Resort, Penang joined the world in celebrating Global Wellness Day on Saturday, 10 June 2017.
A little background information on Global Wellness Day. Established in 2012, it is celebrated every year on the 2nd Saturday in June through activities, campaigns and events to strengthen awareness of wellness and inspiring people to make healthy body style choices.
This health and wellness event is on its second edition by the the resorts. Dedicated to "living well, both physically and spiritually", the event was open to the public in the garden of Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang from 8 to 11am. With the slogan "one day can change your whole life", a myriad of health and fun activities were carried, which included:
- Yoga with Janis Tan, a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance
- A talk on "Guide to Wellness" with Jojo Struys, TV presenter, speaker, author and wellness personality
- Zumba dance session wutg Wan Shin, Penang's Zumba and fitness instructor
- Massage by the beach by CHI, the SPA
- Complimentary detox juices
- Instagram hashtag contest (#ParadiseWithin & #GWD2017) for best photo taken during the event
- Giving away of Pevonia Botonica spa products
The programme also includes a lucky draw offering holiday prizes and free buffet dinners for the attendees.
"With the participation of Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa and Golden Sands Resort in Global Wellness Day, we hope this help guests, colleagues and communities find their #ParadiseWithin on Global Wellness Day", Quoted from Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa. Ultimately, Global Wellness Day is all about encouraging healthy lifestyles and positive living.
See you all in Globall Wellness Day on 2018 at Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa!
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang
Batu Feringgi Beach, Penang, 11100, Malaysia
(60 4) 888 8888